Mango butter is a really nice solution when used in the right manner. The butter is quite wonderful when used neat and in certain cases with the mix of certain other natural substances.
Mango butter is obtained from the kernels of the mango tree. It has a high content of stearic acid, which makes it similar to cocoa butter. Mango butter has good emollient properties and lends protection against the sun. It is said to prevent drying of the skin and formation of wrinkles. Mango butter also reduces degeneration of skin cells and restores elasticity. Mango butter’s hardness makes it a great butter for stick formulations such as lip balm and lotion bars. It can be used “as is” to provide relief from the dryness of eczema and psoriasis. Some of its uses are -
- Effectively treats dry skin
- Heals skin rash
- Heals skin peeling, after tanning
- Clears blemishes and wrinkles
- Relieves itching skin
- Heals sunburn
- Shaving cream for a smooth shave
- Treats small skin wounds and skin cracks
- Moisturizes and smoothes tough or rough skin
- Fights frost bite
- Prevents stretch marks during pregnancy
- Relieves insect bites
- Promotes healthy rejuvenated skin
- Heals muscle fatigue, aches and tension
- Relieves skin allergies such as poison ivy or poison oak
- Treats eczema and dermatitis
- Fights off fine lines and wrinkle
Mango butter is truly an anti-age ingredient. It rejuvenates skin due to presence of antioxidants. It helps to neutralize toxins, to generate skin cells renewal and to prevent wrinkle formation.
Some of the most valuable for skin acids in this butter are stearic, oleic (46%), linoleic acids (unsaturated Omega-6 fatty acid). It contains vitamins A, high amount of vitamin E, C, D, group B vitamins, folic acid, calcium, iron, and magnesium.
The mango butter protects skin from sun damage, so it has been used more in UV protection lotions and creams. The butter is very versatile with range of wonderful qualities – ability to hydrate skin for long period of times, lightening of age and sun damage spots, tightening skin and healing eczema, rashes, irritations and generally, brining back a healthy tone to skin. Mango butter is also able to work deeper into the skin, healing muscles’ aches and tensions.
Have a look at our reference links now –